At Eyecare Plus Optometrists Mooloolaba we are committed to providing you with the highest standard of eye care available. With this in mind, we have installed an Optical Coherence Tomographer (OCT).
The OCT is one of the most advanced diagnostic tools available and is invaluable for the diagnosis and monitoring of a multitude of eye conditions including Glaucoma and Macular Degeneration. The images show exceptional detail and for the first time allow us to look below the surface of the retina to the layers below. By measuring and monitoring the key layers within the back of the eye, we can detect abnormal changes which would not otherwise become apparent until much later in the development of the disease.
With an OCT scan we can compare your eyes over time, detecting changes that would be impossible to detect without this revolutionary new equipment.
Who should have an OCT scan?
Everyone who wants the best available eye care but particularly:
- Patients over 50
- Patients with a family history of eye problems
- Diabetics and smokers
- Anyone with health problems or taking medication that may affect the eyes
- Anyone who has had any abnormality detected using any other method
- Anyone with particular concerns regarding their vision or eye health
- Anyone with unexplained vision loss
Interested to know more? To make an appointment with our optometrist Wayne Derrick at Eyecare Plus Mooloolaba simply book online here or call 5452 5022 during business hours.